About us / Our story
Founded in 1973, built to last.
Since its found in 1973, Fabricators & Erectors Association of the Hudson Valley, Inc. has been an association of the Hudson Valley’s leading fabricators and erectors of structural steel, architectural, ornamental and miscellaneous metal products for building and heavy construction projects. In 2005, Fabricators & Erectors Association officially changed its name to better represent the contractors it serves to Fabricators, Erectors & Reinforcing Contractors Association of the Hudson Valley, Inc. (FERCA)
Throughout our history, our members have worked on almost every significant project in the region.
A. Alan Seidman
- Advice on all industry-wide matters affecting your day-to-day operations.
- Advice at NLRB arbitration and grievance procedures
- Through active participation and affiliation in industry-wide organizations FERCA provides impact and expertise to sister organizations.
- Opportunities to interact with fellow employers, industry partners, labor leaders, and governmental representatives to discuss matters of mutual interest.
- Keep abreast of current local, state and federal laws. Advice on your obligations regarding wage rate changes, fringe benefits, union holidays, overtime pay, etc.
Please read on to learn how our members receive all our services for as little as $1.37 a day which is totally tax deductible as a business expense.
FERCA MEMBERSHIP ENTITLES YOU TO THE FOLLOWING FREE SERVICES:
- Advice on all industry matters affecting your day-to-day operations.
- Advice at NLRB arbitration and grievance procedures.
- Interpretations of the collective bargaining agreements.
- Periodic bulletins, keeping you abreast of current local, state and federal laws. Advice on your obligations regarding wage rate changes, fringe benefits, union holidays, overtime pay, etc.
- Invitations to FERCA meetings and seminars concerning the Association’s actions, OSHA, EEOC, etc., permitting you to meet your fellow employers to discuss matters of mutual interest and even plan your joint ventures.
- Through affiliations and active participation, FERCA petitions the various local, state and federal authorities to enact, amend and/or enforce legislation which is beneficial to the industry.
- FERCA negotiates on behalf of its members the collective bargaining agreements with Iron Workers Local Union No. 417 and Operating Engineers Local No. 825.
- The “FERCA Agreements” are already the basis for the industry-wide contracts. As a member you can serve on the negotiation committee(s) or, at the very least, have input in the matters that are important to you and your company.
- FERCA membership would give you an edge dealing with the various local unions! Let’s face it, the unions have to deal with a lot of companies, common sense dictates that more attention will be given to FERCA’s phone call. We represent many companies and ours is a recocgnized voice.
- We appoint the Employers Trustees on the various fringe benefit funds. The Fund’s Join Board of Trustees make all determinations regarding the level of benefits provided by the Funds. These benefits have become a major part of your company’s operating costs. FERCA membership gives you input in this very important and costly aspect of doing business in this area.
The above services are only a fraction of what we have to offer. If you want to know more about our organization and how we can serve you, please call, write, fax, or email our Executive Director, Alan Seidman. He will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.